Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Day at the Beach





It's been a blessing to be back in Washington with my nephews; we had a wonderful and relaxing day at the beach near Seattle on Sunday. It was the perfect afternoon adventure filled with black sand dollars and hikes up the mountain. I can't explain the great joy that comes when a little 6 month old reaches for you smiling ear to ear! I just love these two little boys so much, and what an incredible blessing to be able to spend this wonderful time with them. I can remember often thinking that it was unfortunate I did not get to spend more time with my nephews and now here I am!
I'm excited for some time spent in Idaho this summer...a little nervous for so much time without responsibility but trusting that the Lord will direct the time and bring just what is needed when the time comes.
I'm not gonna lie, I feel a bit numb towards all that is happening, and I'm having trouble discerning whether it is just that or peace. It may be that my heart is so trained for leaving things and people behind that it has thrown up a wall between me and my emotions. Part of it too could be that my heart is exhausted, it needs a break. Either way, I'm looking forward to a good book and some sunny days.

No comments: