Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Pirate and A Princess

Who wouldn't love this face? I am so in love with my nephews...what a joy to be here with them! Brady is laughing and cooing and totally on the move and Carson is the most brilliant 3 year old I've ever met (and that's not Auntie bias, I promise!). These boys are such great medicine for my heart. I was having a rough afternoon about a week ago and Amber handed me a naked baby in a diaper to ease the heartache...who wouldn't love that??!!
My heart is continually moving from contentment to longing. I think what plagues me at the moment is the question of if I had the community that the Lord brought to me in Canada, would I be happy doing something else? I want to do occupational ministry...I guess the question in my head is what ministry I want to do. God opened incredible doors for me in Canada, and I have loved every minute of it, granted it's been difficult at times, but I need to take the time to decide if this is the kind of ministry my heart yearns for. Truthfully, it's the only kind I've known...camp ministry. Before I commit long term, I think I need to know if that's truly my heart. It's hard to make that decision in the midst of that ministry, because I do really love what I've been doing. I'm curious to know if this is a long term desire in my heart or if the Lord has other plans for me...

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Hey Amanda... know that I am praying for you during this time! I know that God will lead you and that you will listen... my prayer is that in the meantime you have peace!

Elise said...

I was thinking of you today and yesterday, so I sent up a wee prayer for you! I love you.