Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to California!!!

Well, here I am back in my homeland and so very hot!!! I've discovered that I was more acclimatized to Canada than I thought. It's been a bit of a whirlwind as I left Idaho to spend a week at camp wondering where I would be and what God had in store for this fall. Then, about two days into Youth Camp, I got a phone call from my university volleyball coach who ran into my mom in the grocery store and, discovering I had left Canada, called and offered me the job of Asst. Head Coach at Shasta College. I finished Youth Camp and flew to Idaho, packed in one evening, and drove 13 hours back to my home state. I've come in about 3 weeks after they began, so it's a bit of a shuffle, but I'm already feeling settled in to a routine and even connecting quickly with these girls. I am totally not used to how hot it is here and finding myself easily exhausted, but I'm sure I'll settle in eventually. It's been wonderful to come home from practice and jump into the pool!
Coming back here has brought so much peace as God has confirmed this is the right place in this time. I was waiting for him to point me to what is next and, as it often does, it fell into my lap. I am excited for what He has in store involving these girls. They are rough girls...products of this world and their environment, but they are also impressionable. I am so blessed at how God has drawn me to this place. I sincerely miss Canada and mostly the people that crossed my path up there, yet I do not believe I have seen the last of that beautiful country. My heart is still very much wrapped up in the ministry of Camp Qwanoes and Kaleo and although I know this is an essential break, I look forward to future time spent on the island.
I cannot tell you enough how blessed I am in the Lord's incredible faithfulness. My summer was a time of growth and understanding and discovering a healthy approach to balancing ministry and rest. Although it was often a difficult time, I have come out of that experience with so much wisdom and incredible restoration of my soul.

"Come to me all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest." "God is my refuge and strength; an ever present help in trouble." "He will keep in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on him."

No comments: